We are seeking an experienced Room Leader, with a relevant level 3 qualification. We require a minimum of 2 years continuous experience working in a Nursery setting. The role includes Key Worker responsibilities. All children are to be supported with their individual development so that they have the best possible outcomes. The successful candidate will provide a safe and stimulating environment for all children.
To successfully fulfil this role 80% of your time will involve being interactive with the children providing high quality childcare in a happy, safe and stimulating environment. Provide learning opportunities which will be planned to meet individual children’s needs and promote the EYFS. 5% will be ensuring and maintaining a clean and healthy environment and 5% will be leading and managing the team.
- To act as a role model and display a positive and professional image at all times to staff members, the children, their families, visitors and external agencies.
- To implement and maintain the boundaries of confidentiality, to follow all policies and procedures and practice professionally within them at all times.
- To have a recognised qualification and to implement the knowledge of the EYFS and child development.
- To consistently demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative and to be a role model, and to step up in the absence of the Senior Management, implementing the settings standards at all times.
- To implement the settling in procedure across the room and monitor keyworker progress and to ensure stimulating environments for children to flourish.
- Effectively supervise the team and all charges effectively delegating, managing and leading in a motivational manner.
- To administer, record and check all medicines as appropriate for children in the nursery following the settings medicine policy and procedure at all times
- Supporting Senior Management with inductions, training and supervision of staff,
- Undertake tours of new parents.
- Report to Managers if you are concerned in respect of any child’s welfare.
- To adhere to the settings dress code.
- Previous experience working in a senior role within childcare settings.
- To delegate to and manage the team to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the room through inclusion creating team spirit.
- Commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of young children and their families as well as to the team they are supporting.
- A friendly, flexible nature with good leadership and management skills with the ability to continually mentor and motivate.
- Practice equal opportunities, (to treat everyone the same).
28 days holidays (including bank holidays)
Up to 75% childcare discount for qualifying full time staff
Monthly bonus where you could earn up to £800.00 a year!
3 day nursery closure over the Christmas period
Paid staff Lunch breaks
Free DBS and Uniform
On site car parking
In house and external training for childcare staff
The post starts ASAP
The salary for this role is £8.50 – £10.50 per hour + Depending on experience and Qualifications
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org